pyroswegotthose asked: 2, 4, 5, 6, 10, 15, 18, 19,
2: Company you’re always loyal to? Only Valve anymore. They’re the only company that has yet to disappoint me, even guys like Double Fine have put out the occasional bad game, like Iron Brigade.
4: Worst game you’ve ever played? E.T. The Game. Also literally the FIRST GAME I EVER OWNED. How fucked is that?
5: A popular series/game you just can’t get into no matter how much you try? Game of Thrones, Evangelion, and Attack on Titan. All are pretty widely acclaimed, can’t tolerate any of them. Even suffered through all of Evangelion, and I fucking despise it.
6: A game that’s changed you the most? Either Persona 4 or Bastion. Persona 4 restored my faith in JRPGs and is one of my favorite games of all time, I bought a Vita just to play P4Golden. Bastion changed my view of what indie games can offer, how stories can be told in games, and how emotional games can be.
10: A game you’ve completely given up on? Max Payne 3. I’ve abandoned a bunch of games because they weren’t very good or didn’t do it for me, but Max Payne 3 was one of the only ones I literally ragequit it was so frustratingly bad. Especially with how much I loved the first two.
15: Which two games do you think would make an awesome crossover? Hmm, Super Street Fighter 4 and League of Legends. So I could use Vi to literally beat the shit out of people, or summon Tibbers as a super move.
18: A game you wish your friends knew about? Mother fucking Gitaroo Man! What are you waiting for, fucking click it!
19: Which game do you think deserves a revival? MediEvil. I honestly thought Sony would bring it back when Sir Dan showed up in Sony All-Stars, but alas, it was not to be. In an era full of 3D action platformers, I hold so many fond memories of MediEvil.
- 1: Do you try to stay away from walkthroughs?
- 2: Company you're always loyal to?
- 3: Best game you've ever played?
- 4: Worst game you've ever played?
- 5: A popular series/game you just can't get into no matter how much you try?
- 6: A game that's changed you the most?
- 7: A game you'll never forget?
- 8: Best soundtrack?
- 9: A game you turn your volume off every time you play it?
- 10: A game you've completely given up on?
- 11: Hardest game you've played?
- 12: Shortest time you've beaten a game in?
- 13: A game you were the most excited for when it wasn't released yet?
- 14: A game you think would be cool if it had voice acting?
- 15: Which two games do you think would make an awesome crossover?
- 16: Character you've hated most? From what game?
- 17: What game do you never tell people you play?
- 18: A game you wish your friends knew about?
- 19: Which game do you think deserves a revival?
- 20: What was the first video game you ever played?
- 21: How old were you when you first played a video game?
- 22: If you could immerse yourself in any game for one day, which game would it be? What would you do?
- 23: Biggest disappointment you've had in gaming?
- 24: Casual, Hardcore, or in the middle?
- 25: Be honest; have you ever used cheats (like ActionReplay or Gameshark)?
- 26: Handheld or console?
- 27: Has there ever been a moment that has made you cry?
- 28: Which character's clothes do you wish you owned the most?
- 29: Which is more important, gameplay or story?
- 30: A game that hasn't been localized in your country that you think should be localized?
Worst default control scheme ever, “next generation content” feature breaks an entire level and fucks up tons of visuals, shortest game in the whole series with a cliffhanger ending.
But you know what? I don’t care. Because the last minute of that game is the greatest moment in the whole fucking franchise, where Lara completely loses her shit on someone. So great.
Now on to Underworld to see where this rabbit hole goes.
Brain Surgeon challenge (rodeo a Titan and kill it with your primary gun) may be the most gratifying thing I’ve done in a game in a while.