Gonna be helping Shawn (StacMaster-S) at the Level-up Studios / Halolz table at Anime Expo at the LA Convention Center all four days, July 4th-7th. I won’t be there late afternoon Thursday though. So if you want to come pet the Ogre (metaphorically you perverts), I’ll be there.
So I have been playing through Remember Me, the first venture from unknown developer DONTNOD, recently and have had quite a few people what I think. So here is a quick rundown of everything you need to know in my opinion:
- Flawed, no doubt. Some of the implementation of systems is a bit shakey, in particular the combat which encourages combos, but dodging breaks combos and there is no counter technique.
- Visuals are good, but not outstanding. The highlights being a great art direction giving you a real feel for Neo Paris and it’s plight. But the game definitely still has the trapping of a UE3 game.
- The story starts a bit slow, and has a few really trite renames for things, like the deformed memory hungry monsters being Leapers instead of Lepers, and the the (t)Errorist group Nillin is a part of. However, the big plot twist halfway through the game completely blindsided me and I was totally willing to forgive the minor mistakes the story had made before that point.
- I have nothing bad to say about the sound design. The sound effects feel right with combat, and the music is OUTSTANDING. I even went on iTunes to buy the soundtrack for $10 last night, it’s that good.
- Memory Remixes stand out in terms of gameplay, despite any parrallels it has with Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Unlike Ghost Trick, there is other potential outcomes for the memory alterations, usually attached to achievements for finding them, to see how things could have gone differently for those involved.
Overall the game very much feels like it is, a freshmen effort by a new company. It’s nowhere near perfect, but it does deserve the media push it got. It’s still very worth playing, as it attempts to change ideas and push good story telling through it’s world.
Microsoft: Apparently wants to commit corporate suicide?
EA: Wouldn’t know any original idea if it punched them in the dick.
Ubisoft: *yawn* …oh, Division looks maybe okay. And Watch Dogs trailer villain looks like Nostalgia Critic.
Sony: Ignore the fact our console is a parallelogram version of Xbone. Also we’re adopting XBL’s horrible pay for multiplayer scheme.
Verdict: PC gaming master race worldwide mother fuckers.
money is so stupid and unnessecary we’re meat creatures on a rock floating in space and out entire lives are dominated by little bits of paper
You know that thing you are typing on, a “com-pu-ter?” Yeah, without currency we’d have never gotten this far in technology. FFS, do even the most rudimentary study into the start of economics and you’ll see why currency was needed. Barter systems were not enough to sustain advancements in technology.
Has greed run rampant? Sure. Is it the fault of money? No. It’s the fault of HUMANS and not being content with what you have or can obtain.
1. Put your username in image search.
2. Select “animated” under search tools.
3. Post result.
dis is what my blog is all about
Why am I a mexican imvu?
Pretty damn accurate. : I
I’m going to go die now
Id say thats accurate
me with my tumblr friends
Had to reblog, too accurate of a result.
Sometimes I find stuff my parents are doing and fucking wonder where the hell I came from. They bought LINE DANCING LESSONS. They are so stereotypically middle-class, conservative Republican rednecks it’s almost disturbing.
And they somehow raised me: A bisexual male feminist Libertarian. To quote Bender: DOES NOT COMPUTE.
I sorta started doing this in my head, so figured I’d share.
- Cloud sync support for saves/settings
- Quick swap between panels
- Multi-panel linking system (if you have ADD)
- Hulu, Skype, Netflix base integration
- Non-removable HD
- Only 500GB space, while games are required to install to play after first 24 hours.
- Requires online connection at least once a day to check for patches, updates to firmware, and register games.
- Kinect camera cannot be disconnected, and can record while the system isn’t in use.
- No backward compatibility. Nor any plans to stream older games like PS4’s Gaikai plan.
- TV features will not work outside the United States at launch.
- Indie developers are not allowed to self publish. Must go through a known publisher. (So kiss XBLIG goodbye)
- Only new peripherals will work on new system. (Not uncommon, but PS1-3 allowed cross controller usage with Dual Shocks)
- Non-standard GPU architecture. (Quote from conference: “we’re using a revolutionary in-house designed GPU.”)
- DDR5 RAM versus GDDR5. (GDDR5 is graphics focused, higher performance in gaming)
Yeah, this seems a little stilted, but I seriously couldn’t come up with many pros. I don’t really give a shit about helping improve my TV viewing experience when I don’t fucking watch TV. And if I did, I wouldn’t use my Xbox for it.
psywing asked: You know the Yahoo tweets about it being "family friendly" and getting rid of porn are all coming from a fake twitter account, right?
To anyone else that sent me this, no I was not aware, because I don’t use Twitter, like, at all. I just got this from another source (Dodger) who I trust and apparently didn’t know either.